Friday, January 31, 2014

Solid Month

January is done.

Total mileage: 236.3
Roads: 145.2
Trails: 43.3
Snowshoes: 47.8

Solid month. Those snowshoe miles in particular are worth a lot more and I like the overall balance. This is setting me up for some increased speed workouts later in February and through March rather nicely. Great momentum for Boston.

Today I just did two laps of the Armory loop from the school. Let the pace come down since the run was so short. Felt great. The only nuisance was having to "whoop" at the driver of an SUV who was about to pull out without looking and would have otherwise nailed me... all the while, the crossing guard was sitting in his toasty warm truck just 10 feet away. Thanks for your service, guy.

Otherwise, nice to run in shorts. Continued warm through the weekend and I suspect I won't need the long tights for MWC either.

Ran 3.5 miles @ 7:07/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 30s, partly sunny.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie.

No comments: