Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Predawn Bonus Run

Woke up a little before 2am with indigestion, and despite the help of some Tums I couldn't fall back asleep. Crap. Then I thought, why not run? Would be a good way to get in some bonus mileage. After two cups of espresso, off I went.

Just 5K, and would normally be junk miles, but given I'm just two days out from the MWC, this was great further recovery mileage. Pace ended up being a bit quick, which for an early morning run is quite unusual for me. Good sign.

Will likely get in another 5-7 miles this afternoon on the trails behind my house.


Ran 3.1 miles @ 7:42/mile pace. 
Paved roads. 
Slightly hilly. 
10F/-12C, clear skies. 
Saucony Virrata, windbreaker*, fleece pullover, long sleeved shirt, long tights, beanie, gloves, refl. vest.
* windbreaker was excessive, but wanted something bright colored along with the reflective vest. 

No comments: