Sunday, February 23, 2014

Rallying

Risk can be defined as a decision that will either have you feeling like a hero or an idiot. Today, I donned my cape. 

"Welp, there goes any chance of a 60 mile week" is what I thought when I took a second rest day on Friday. I had been feeling a bit run down and lacking pep for much of the week. Then yesterday, it all came back with a marathon distance run on trails in not so easy conditions and feeling strong. And today, I ran over 11 miles to get me over 60 miles again for the week. 

Today's run was not fast. It was not spectacular. It was a super slow trot on mostly flat roads. However, I can honestly say I could have at least kept going much longer since the pace was so slow. It was not even close to a slog, even with tired legs. It was quite enjoyable. 

Next week will be a recovery week, which is great timing with the U.S. Snowshoe Championships on Saturday. Even with freshened up legs, I'm looking forward to getting my arse handed to me. But it'll be fun to fight with all I've got. 

Also, many more eggs will be going into the speed basket from now until taper time at the end of March. Really happy with how this training cycle is going. 

Ran 11.6 miles @ 9:29/mile pace. 
Paved roads. 
Mostly flat. 
Lower 30s to mid-40s, partly sunny. 
Saucony Virrata, shorts, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves. 

No comments: