Friday, February 14, 2014

Slushy Fifteen

Didn't realize it until I uploaded today's run, but over the past seven days I've run 71.3 miles. That'll make Sunday's snowshoe race interesting, but I'm not going to let it distract me. Still going to run it hard, but at the same time, knowing I have this much mileage under my belt recently helps take the pressure off. I can just relax more and have fun with it.

Nice run today to boot. School was called off, so nice to get out the door by late morning. The snow had stopped and the road shoulders were at least two thirds slush for the distance, but wearing the trail shoes for extra grip was the perfect call. Several snowplows still out putting the finishing touches on the roads.

Kept the pace wicked easy because of the slush and puddles and to also save them a bit for Sunday's race. Very happy with how this week is panning out.

Ran 15.4 miles @ 8:34/mile pace.
Paved roads, at least 2/3's slush and puddles.
Moderately hilly.
Mid to lower 30s, overcast to partly sunny, windy.
New Balance MT1010, long tights, fleece pullover, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: