Saturday, February 15, 2014

This Run Fueled by Adrenaline from T.J. Oshie


If you missed the USA vs. Russia Olympic hockey game, do yourself a favor and watch the replay, even if you know the outcome. It was absolutely epic, perhaps the second most epic Olympic hockey game ever played (same teams, and same outcome). It probably won't make Putin consider giving Kraft his ring back, but good egg on that dirtbag's face all the same. 

Back to running... the excitement of that game got me jazzed for my run. I still kept the pace really, really easy, even though I could have easily gone much faster. My seven day now stands at 71.8 miles, so while my legs do feel relatively great, they'll still be far from fresh for tomorrow's snowshoe race. I'm fine with that. Will go out hard and with all I have tomorrow, but the goal is really just to have fun since I don't feel I have anything to prove. 

Today's run was also the first in the brand new pair of Saucony Virratas. Same model as the last ones, just different colors. Great longer distance road shoe, I got 739 miles out of the last pair, no doubt these ones will serve me just as well. 

Ran 8.1 miles @ 8:24/mile pace. 
Paved roads, some patches of slush. 
Mostly flat. 
33F/1C, overcast. 
Saucony Virrata, long tights, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, buff, gloves. 

No comments: