Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday Twenty

Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. Today I ate the bear. My legs felt fresh like seafood just off the boat and I had more energy than a first grader after eating two sticks of cotton candy.

I pondered why I felt so good, but it didn't take long to figure out why. The past two weeks have been low mileage weeks (39.8 and 44.4 respectively) and while each featured a race, I didn't really do any other speed work.

So, the energy made sense for today and today's workout made sense. Good to give the legs a long run that they needed at a moderate pace. There should be plenty of time to absorb it before Sunday's snowshoe race as well. All good timing.

Hands started to feel a bit chilly there toward the end. Finished off the run by doing laps around the school for the comfort factor. Was glad to get in the car and warm up once done. Stopped for chocolate milk on the way home, my favorite recovery drink and it really hit the spot.



Ran 20.1 miles @ 7:41/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 20s to upper teens, sunny, breezy.
Saucony Virrata, long tights, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: