Saturday, March 29, 2014

Saturday Afternoon Long Run

A fun morning as Kate and I first went to the fly fishing expo at Eldredge Bros. Fly Shop. Great atmosphere and it was fun to test cast a few rods as well as pick up a few supplies before open water season begins Tuesday.

So, got back, ate lunch and let it digest a little before heading out the door for a long run. Really glad I got it in today, as we're supposed to get a soaker of cold rain tonight and all day tomorrow. 

Run went well overall. Muscles have been tightening up a bit since running after getting over the flu. Nothing the foam roller can't fix, I'm sure. Didn't really bother me during the run and things loosened up as the run went on. 

However, after around mile 16... I hate to admit it but I bonked a little bit. Toughed it out though, and I just think it's rust and still perhaps being a little weak from being sick. No big deal, but I feel I should make note of it. 

Plan is to get in a couple of speed workouts next week. If those go well and I also get in a 15-17 miler next weekend, I think I'll feel ready for Boston. 

Ran 20.1 miles @ 8:16/mile pace. 
Paved roads. 
Moderately hilly. 
Upper to mid 40s, overcast. 
Saucony Virrata, shorts, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, cap. 

No comments: