Sunday, May 04, 2014

Birthday Run!

Celebrated part of my birthday with a run at the Bangor City Forest with Kate and her brother, Chris. Light train throughout but it was actually rather pleasant. The trails drain well here, at least on the East/West Trail, so not much mud which was fine with me since I only had my road shoes.

Kate and her brother ran counter-clockwise so they could visit the bathrooms while I ran clockwise. I heard them coming up the trail, hid and managed to scare Kate enough where she screamed. That was awesome.

Ran 4.6 miles @ 9:40/mile pace.
Trails.
Mostly flat.
Lower 50s, overcast, light rain throughout.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

Trail Boy said...

Yes, I agree. The only thing better than having a great run on your birthday is giving your wife a good scare. Hahahaha.