Thursday, May 15, 2014

Tardiness and Possible Truancy

This post is late. Truth be told, I'm burned out on blogging at the moment. Some reflection has revealed that, at least in part, it's due to a general weariness of social media in general. I read a study recently which said that social media use drastically declines for most folks after they get married. I guess that applies to me.

I'm seeing that same mentality cross over into blogging. What was once as natural as breathing is becoming a labored chore. Perhaps it'll pass. Perhaps it won't.

That all being said, I ran the other day. I brought my fly fishing gear, but never fished. The salmon pool was shallow and still held several suckers. The boggy stream was still occupied by a family of geese... though I didn't see their young ones this time, I mused they were close by. I yielded to their warning honks and left.

A few dozen feet later, a brown, prickly mass high up in a tree caught the corner of my eye. It was a porcupine. He/she was just sitting there, chillin' like Bob Dylan, reminding me of a mountain hermit poised on a cliff that has all of the answers to life's questions. I decided I liked that notion, left the porcupine to its own devices and ran home.


"42"

Ran 3.6 miles @ 10:27/mile pace.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Upper 50s, partly cloudy.
Saucony Peregrine 3, shorts, long sleeved shirt, backpack with FF gear.

No comments: