Friday, July 11, 2014

Scuffle Course Marking and a TRAFFIC Run

Met up with Ian this afternoon to help mark the Bradbury Scuffle course. Arrows are in place, and some others will put up flags tomorrow. Looking forward to volunteering there on Sunday.

Run itself was fun, with Ian and I talking about our upcoming races and also what's in store for our friends. Legs and energy both felt just okay. Not great, not bad, just okay.

Ran 6.3 miles @ 10:24/mile pace.
Trails.
Moderately hilly.
Upper 70s, partly cloudy.
Inov-8 Roclite 243, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

Immediately following the run, I bid Ian farewell as he had to get home for daddy duty. I strapped on my backpack that contained my fly gear, and ran a few miles down to the connector trail to fish Thoit's Brook. All I caught were small chubs, which was a bit of a disappointment.

Legs felt heavy on this segment. Granted I was carrying a backpack with gear, but even with the water bladder nearly full the pack is still not that heavy. Still, it was likely a combo of the added weight and not feeling totally on to begin with. Just one of those days, and tomorrow is a new one.

Ran 3.0 miles @ 12:33/mile pace.
Trails.
Moderately hilly.
Upper 70s, partly cloudy.
Inov-8 Roclite 243, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap, backpack w/ FF gear.

No comments: